Associated Construction Distributors International, Inc. (ACDI) was founded in 1968 when a group of independent, entrepreneurial businessmen came together and realized they had much to offer and much to learn. Sharing business information continues today at the core of the organization. It has allowed the members to succeed individually and as group. ACDI distributors account for over one billion dollars in the sale of materials and equipment to the construction industry.
WHAT IS THE ACDI?
The ACDI is a co-operative association of independently owned and locally operated distributors of specialty construction products and equipment.
WHAT DOES THE ACDI DO?
As a co-operative association, the ACDI serves two functions:
As an ASSOCIATION, we….
- provide for the exchange of useful ideas between our members on the management of their businesses
- educate our members to become the most effective distributors of building materials in their marketing areas
- inform our members on current business trends
- train middle management personnel for our members
- offer fellowship with the most important businessmen in our industry
As a CO-OPERATIVE, we….
- offer a manufacturer ready access to the North American market for their products
- keep our members price competitive in their markets
- offer rebates to our members on many of the products they buy
- allow our members to broaden their line by taking advantage of new products offered through the ACDI
Our Mission Statement:
The ACDI is an association of leading independent construction material distribution companies. It provides opportunities for its members to be more successful individually through networking and sharing information, professional training, and the cooperative purchase of construction materials and business services.